Yesterday, F and I took advantage of the lovely weather outside and walked around while Z taught his college course class. The campus we weaved our way through was absolutely gorgeous. We loved the flowers, the rocks, and the sunset.
Towards the end of our 2.5 hour adventure though, I was definitely starting to waddle, and since F was so enamored by the site of three young children riding their scooters in circles down the sidewalk a ways, I decided it was the best time to just stop and stand and let her sit in her red stroller to watch the kids play. Soon though, the friendly and fit looking Hispanic mother of the children rounded the building jogging, and they were off, heading towards us.
When the mother got closer, she stopped to jog in place, smiled at F, and then, while pointing in our direction, looked at me and said, "It's a boy. Yeah?"
I get many people asking me these days if we know the gender of the kiddo who makes me look like a hippo. We don't. Assuming that's what this woman was referring to, I lifted up my hands, shrugged my shoulders, and said, "We don't know yet."
The lady's eyes got wide while she stopped jogging in place. She froze for a second. Then, she said, "Oh," and turned around and kept jogging. I thought it a bit strange.
I thought her response was a bit strange and awkward. So, I was left pondering her response and thinking and rethinking over her gestures, voice tone, and eye movement. Then I realized she probably wasn't talking about my preggo belly. I'm pretty sure she was asking about F. Oops.
I guess the next time I dress F in gender neutral colored clothing I'll be sure to put a ribbon in her hair. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment