Being able to be home with F is worth...
Messy rooms.
Finding she's gotten into the cupboard and cluttered the kitchen floor with what use to be clean dishes.
Trying to cleaning those icky hands and face after each meal while she tries to peel herself away from me.
Wiping that runny nose on a body that wants to run away.
Doing more laundry.
Fighting those knee stains she gets from crawling around.
(Will they ever come out?)
Smelling and changing all those dirty diapers.
Stretch marks that will probably never go away.
Being enervated some days.
All those comments that people make about how much we're missing in life by having children so soon.
A slightly lacking social life.
(I'll have to remember this if we have more kids and it goes from slight to drastic.:)
Being home alone - and sometimes craving that adult communication during the day.
Often interrupted or short ended conversations with others.
Having to decide if going to the grocery store is worth the effort.
(Silly, I know, but I still think through the issue of hassle versus productivity and enjoy-ability. Again, I'll have to keep this in mind when (hopefully) more children populate this family).
Being a penny-pincher.
Spending more time shopping for little people clothes rather than women's or men's.
The constant interruptions from getting other things done.
The labor in prayer.
Loved reading your insights! So glad you blog...keep it up my friend!
ReplyDelete